UPDATE May 11, 2020:
Good news! Sunshine Dentistry is opening on Monday, May 11th! Per Florida Governor DeSantis’ Executive Order 20-112, dental offices in Hillsborough County may resume elective procedures if the office has adequate PPE, and fortunately Sunshine Dentistry does. During the state-ordered closure, we have further refined our infection control procedures to include the new recommendations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, we are resuming routine procedures and seeing new patients, effective immediately. Please call 813-269-9360 to schedule your appointment.
COVID-19 Safety at Sunshine Dentistry
There is no doubt that the continued spread of COVID-19, or novel coronavirus, requires rigorous safety measures in every work environment. We want to assure our patients and the community that Sunshine Dentistry is taking every necessary precaution to keep both our patients and staff safe.
We have been closely following the updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association and governmental authorities regarding COVID-19, and we are confident that our “best practices” will provide a safe and comfortable environment for all patients.
Each day we follow universal precautions for any transmissible disease including HIV, hepatitis, and tuberculosis. We have the latest barrier controls, sterilization techniques and equipment. Rest assured that our standard protocol minimizes any risk of either transmitting or being infected by the coronavirus.
In addition to our longstanding rigorous infection control protocols, Sunshine Dentistry is taking extra precautions to help keep everyone safe in our community. Some of those measures are:
- Having patients wait in their cars instead of the waiting room and limiting only one person in the waiting room.
- Filling out electronic paperwork via our website.
- Screening patients over the phone for any possible symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.
- Taking temperature prior to appointments.
- Medical-grade HEPA air filtration in each treatment room.
- Spacing out appointments between patients to allow for time to sanitize the room
- Minimizing overlapping of patients in the office.
- All staff in the office equipped with surgical PPE including N95 mask respirators.
Follow Basic Safety Precautions
Each year when flu season starts, we are reminded of the basic safety precautions to follow to keep ourselves, our families, and our communities as safe as possible. These same preventative measures can help us stay as safe from the novel coronavirus. Always remember:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water regularly and for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating or after sneezing, blowing your nose or coughing
- As much as possible, avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you are not feeling well, stay home and isolate yourself as much as possible
- Regularly clean objects that you touch frequently
In Conclusion: COVID-19 Safety
At Sunshine Dentistry we follow universal precautions for any transmissible disease and your safety is our utmost concern. We are seeing new patients, so you can contact us to schedule an appointment for all of your dental needs.
I’m Dr. Daira Avila, a Tampa Bay dentist who specializes in preventative dentistry general dentistry services, and cosmetic dentistry services. My team and I provide personalized dental services for the whole family and offer Invisalign treatment, implant dentistry, periodontic services and much more. Contact us to experience the Sunshine Dentistry difference today!