Posts for tag: teeth whitening
When does your smile look its best? Well, of course, when it's healthy and bright, it looks outstanding. If you want your teeth to project a youthful, attractive you, explore in-office and at-home teeth whitening from Sunshine Dentistry of Tampa, FL. Teeth whitening is a specialty of Dr. Daira Avila. Amazingly, this popular cosmetic service bleaches out stubborn food and tobacco stains in just about an hour or more gradually in the privacy of your own home.
Those annoying stains
Years ago, people complimented you on your white smile. Now, you cover your mouth when you laugh or smile broadly because your teeth are yellow and dull. What happened? Well, dental staining is very common, and it darkens tooth enamel. Many factors contribute to this problem, including:
- Food and beverage choices such as coffee, cola, sports drinks, tea, soy sauce, curry, and tomato-based dishes
- Tobacco--both cigarettes and the smokeless kind
- Poor oral hygiene (neglected brushing, flossing, and professional cleanings)
- Simple wear and tear on tooth enamel
- Some prescription medications, including antihistamines and antihypertensives
- The aging process
While some drugstore whitening products produce limited results, professional teeth whitening at Sunshine Dentistry of Tampa creates the best smiles without any lingering sensitivity. Plus, when Dr. Avila examines your mouth and says your teeth and gums are healthy enough for whitening, you can trust all will go well.
How teeth whitening works
As a whitening patient, you'll sit comfortably in the dental chair during the entire process. Your dentist will place a retractor in your mouth to lift your lips off your teeth. Then, she will swab on the whitening gel. Allowed to penetrate for about 15 minutes and then rinsed off, this powerful hydrogen peroxide gel safely lifts organic matter right out of the enamel. The application and removal process is repeated for optimal results.
Alternatively, if you select in-home whitening, you'll use custom-made acrylic trays to apply the gel right where it's needed. Over the course of a week or so, your tooth color will improve gradually but dramatically by the end of the prescribed treatment time.
Maintaining a white smile
Keep those pearly whites bright by:
- Limiting the dietary choices which stain them
- Brush and floss regularly according to American Dental Association guidelines (twice a day)
- Stop smoking
- Get semi-annual check-ups and cleanings at Sunshine Dentistry
- Receive whitening touch-ups as needed
In fact, Dr. Avila offers a wonderful Whitening for Life program which helps your white smile stay that way for years to come. Just ask about this innovative program when you come in for your cosmetic dentistry consultation.
Brighten your smile
And, brighten your outlook. You can with professional teeth whitening from Sunshine Dentistry in Tampa, FL. For more information, contact the office at (813) 269-9360.